|Prospective Payment System(PPS) Preparation & Management
A Comprehensive PPS preparation and management
Many of the over 13,000 Medicare Skilled Nursing Providers are seeking assistance from
outside firms as they look towards the implementation of PPS on or after July 1, 1998.
Polaris Group has a unique combination of experience, range of services, and commitment to
excellence that can help facilities prosper under the radically new payment structure.
The following outlines the services that Polaris Group can provide to assist facilities
or SNF chains in the successful transition from the current Cost Based reimbursement
system into the Prospective Payment System as outlined in the Balanced Budget Act of 1997.
We provide a full range of financial, clinical, operational and training services to set
up the systems and structures necessary to achieve high quality clinical outcomes and
optimal reimbursement payments.
With these dramatic changes in reimbursement(Cost Based to PPS), facilities will have
to redesign their care delivery processes, clinical approaches and accounting methods in
order to successfully transition their Medicare operations.
There are seven main objectives in Polaris Group's preparation and management
- Identify and define success measurements
- Assess Client's readiness for the upcoming Prospective Payment System.
- Assess the financial, clinical and operational impact of Prospective Payment on the
- Develop a nursing Case Management structure and systems to support timely and accurate
- Prepare Client for Prospective Payment and other emerging reimbursement systems.
- Develop an ancillary management structure and program that best suits Client's needs
under the new reimbursement systems.
- Promote increasing levels of ancillary services operating effectiveness, efficiency and
improved clinical outcomes.